Friday, August 22, 2014

Book News!

Dear Heart Friends:

Season Two of "Heart to Heart with Anna" is about to come to a close. Callie Rickard, my webmaster, radio show newsletter editor and dear friend, and I chose the shows that will be featured as encore presentations while I take a short hiatus from recording the radio show and get geared up for next season and do something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

 
Image courtesy of ddpavumba at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

During the break between Season Two and Season Three I will be converting all of my books to true eBooks. While they are currently available on the website, they are all in PDF format, which isn't easy to read on all e-readers. So my goal during the hiatus is to figure out how to convert all of the books to the true eBook format so they can be read on all e-readers. I've already tried using some programs that take PDFs and convert them to Word documents, but the result was a disaster.

Image thanks to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Mac_G4

Instead I will be using my trusty Macintosh G4 to take my Zip disks and convert my Appleworks files to Word files. I will also use that time to totally edit the books. I have correction copies of all of my books, but if any of you have noted mistakes that you've discovered in any of my books, now is the time to let me know!


Another exciting task before me is to finish reading my son's first book! Alexander Jaworski, my son who was born with a single ventricle heart, has completed his first novel. He has selected me to be one of his beta readers. I'm already into chapter 3 and I can't wait to finish the whole book. It's over 200 pages so it might take me a while but I know during my hiatus I'll have some time to work on it.


Lastly, but just as importantly, I'll be line editing my dear friend, Mary Black's, first fiction book! You can read more about Mary's experience with creating her book, Peyote Fire, on her blog. It's a prehistoric fiction novel about a real tribe that was located in the Pecos Valley. I met Mary in November 2012 at a Writer's League of Texas workshop and it wasn't long before we were friends. We are actually much more than friends. We became accountability coaches for one another. We met on a weekly basis and assigned each other "homework" to help us reach our goals. Mary's goal was to finish her book. At the time, my major goal was to revamp the Baby Hearts Press website but in August 2013 I received a phone call, while at Mary's house, that changed my life -- the call from Josh Bernstein suggesting I start  my own talk radio show. I don't know how I would have done as much as I did without Mary.


So as you can see, the next two months should be very interesting. We'll be wrapping up Season Two of "Heart to Heart with Anna" where our theme was "There is Hope!" and we'll be taking a short hiatus to complete some really important projects. I hope you'll check out some of the websites I noted in this blog. Don't forget to send me any corrections to my books for the digital version coming soon!

No comments: